Thursday, May 21, 2009

New Beginnings Story - Susie the Butterfly

There once was a little caterpillar named Susie. She was happy with her life. All she had to do was play and eat all day long.
One day as she munched on a leaf, she looked up in the sky and saw the most beautiful butterfly. Susie knew she was meant to grow into a butterfly. But she thought, "How can I believe there is a beautiful butterfly inside of me when all I see is a fuzzy little worm?"
Just then the beautiful butterfly landed next to her .
"Oh, Good day, what is your name?", asked Susie.
"I'm Ella. I just had to land for I have had such a busy day and I need a rest."
"Come rest by me Ella. What do butterflies do all day long?"
"Well", Said Ella, "Butterflies drink nectar from the flowers and carry seeds from one flower to another. Without us the world would soon have few flowers."
"Oh," said Susie, "How does one become a butterfly?"
" You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar. It's hard work and you must be patient, but I have a feeling you will know how to become a beatiful butterfly all on your own. Thanks for letting me rest with you."
And with that, Ella flew off.
"Oh, No!" thought Susie, "That was no help at all. I really want to be the best butterfly i can be and I have to figure it out all on my own!"
Susie woriied about this until one day she knew it was time for her to build a cocoon and become what she had always dreamed of. Ella was right though, this wasn't easy..."How long do I have to wait?"
Time passed and finally it was time for Susie to come out of her cocoon. This was even harder than she had thought! after much struggling she flew free.
"Wow! I love this!" she made a few circles in the sky, and then Susie knew the first thing she wanted to do. she had to find a reflection. "Am I beautiful?" she wondered.

No comments:

Post a Comment