Serves 5 @ 1 cup mixture each. It makes 3-6 lettuce wraps per cup depending on the size of leaf you grab.
1 lb lean ground turkey
3-4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 inches of fresh ginger, finely diced
1 large white onion, diced
1 lb white button mushrooms ( or whatever is cheapest), diced
4 large handfuls of fresh baby spinach leaves, chopped
1 carrot, shredded ( or cut into thin matchsticks)
Lettuce- I like to use butter lettuce but sometimes it's crazy expensive so I'll go with romaine
( I know PF Changs uses Iceberg but it's really hard to peel it into those perfect cups and it has no nutritional value at all)
2/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce ( otherwise it can get kinda salty)
2 tbls. oyster sauce
2 tbls. hoisin sauce
5 green onions, thinly sliced for garnish
Chili garlic sauce, optional garnish
1. Brown turkey in a large skillet.
2. Drain and set aside.
3. In the same skillet cook together garlic, ginger and onion. Cook until the onion sweats.
4. Then add mushrooms, spinach and carrots. Cook until the spinach wilts.
5. Then add the sauces (I know my soy sauce isn't the low-sodium but it's what I had on hand)
6. Stir together and simmer 5-10 minutes.
7. Wash and dry your lettuce leaves
8. This is the chili garlic sauce we like to spoon on top. It's pretty spicy so be careful if you are a delicate flower. We dish it with baby spoons so if you have some handy they work great.
9. Serve warm and it stays warm for a surprisingly long time.Don't forget to put out the green onions to garnish.
NUTRITIONAL FACTS: Cal. 161, Fat 5.8, Carbs 3.6, Protein 22.4 Fiber 0.2 WW Points= 4
* I figured this by combining the facts from Calorieking.com of all the ingredients and then dividing them by the 5 servings. So, take it for what you will.
NOTES: If you want to stretch this for more servings you can add up to double the mushrooms and just add maybe just a little more sauce and it is still awesome.
Its also great served over brown rice for a take to work lunch the next day.