Monday, December 6, 2010

Apple Hill

About a month ago Parker and Katie and I went up to Apple Hill to get in the fall spirit. Surprisingly I have never been there and neither had Parker. So, we enlisted Katie to take us up an give us the Grand tour.

Apple Hill is a place up in Placerville with a bunch of farms all in a row and each one offers different apple themed things and crafts. Abel's Acres was the first on the stop

Of course one of the first things we did was buy a bag of apples and get caramel apples. mmm...
We also visited a place that had apple doughnuts that were fabulous. I can't say so much for the crafts we saw. They really look like junk I remember seeing at craft fairs over 10 years ago. seriously people... toaster cozies? To complete our experience we had a picnic that I had brought. We used picnic tables at Rainbow Orchards (even though maybe we weren't supposed to :s). Katie really wanted to come to tis one because it's her mom's favorite... for some reason that we couldn't figure out once we got there. but none the less we took Katie's picture under their rainbow sign. Parker refused to take his picture there... I can't imagine why! So we took a picture by a cart of pumpkins instead. Beautiful way to welcome fall!




1 comment:

  1. HAHA that is too funny. Jon and I have never been to Apple Hill either. Sounds delicious though :)

    ReplyDelete