Sunday, February 7, 2010

His Hands

This Valentines day I want to really remember to reflect on the love the Savior gives. I can't imagine how he could love me enough to suffer and die for me. He also loved me enough to give me a perfect example of how to live my life that I can receive all the joy this life has to offer. The answer is to give love through service and forgiveness. I recently have been dealing with a very angry unhappy person  and I stopped to think why she was like that and I thought she has no idea the joy of serving others. When we stop to think of others and to lift others burdens, you cant help but be a better, happier person. I am so grateful for the Savior and  for His gentleness and kindness. There is a song that I love called "His Hands" written by Kenneth Cope. It's one that most have heard quite a bit but the words touch me every time I hear it.


"His hands
tools of creation
stronger than nations
power without end
and yet through them we find our truest friend
His hands
sermons of kindness
healing men's blindness
halting years of pain
children waiting to be held again
His hands would serve his whole life though
showing man what hands might do
giving, ever giving, endlessly
each day was filled with selflessness
and I'll not rest until I make up my hands what they could be
'til these hands become like those from Galilee."

If you have a minute, watch the music video below. I love the footage of the "Savior". It is beautiful to watch.


http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=55903257907&oid=28987323130

 " And though I'm not yet as I should be, He has shown me how I could be. I will make my hands like those from Galilee."

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment